Control/Dimming On Off Switch for DMX Channel?

To turn the actual fixtures off?

Why not just hit the breakers at the end of the night/weekend.

Sounds like you are looking for an architectural control, a wall mount device that takes over and controls some pre-programed channels to throw on some light without having to have people deal with the console. Plenty of such systems out there.

Sounds like you are looking for an architectural control, a wall mount device that takes over and controls some pre-programed channels to throw on some light without having to have people deal with the console. Plenty of such systems out there.
Precisely. We want to lock everyone out of messing with the control console, but still allow cleaning crew, etc. to be able to just flip a switch and turn one of the channels on. I see that Lightronics has an AC1109 Architectural panel that works with our AR1202 Architectural Dimmer, but I guess it would replace the Console and we would no longer be able to use dimmers, just the presets?

I see that Lightronics has an AC1109 Architectural panel that works with our AR1202 Architectural Dimmer, but I guess it would replace the Console and we would no longer be able to use dimmers, just the presets?

I would be surprised if that is the case. Does anyone here know for sure?

Precisely. We want to lock everyone out of messing with the control console, but still allow cleaning crew, etc. to be able to just flip a switch and turn one of the channels on. I see that Lightronics has an AC1109 Architectural panel that works with our AR1202 Architectural Dimmer, but I guess it would replace the Console and we would no longer be able to use dimmers, just the presets?

If you consult your AR1202 owner's manual or retrieve it from the Lightronics website, you'll see that you can use simple normally open momentary push-button switches to access from 1 to 7 scenes you can program into the AR1202. You can use one pushbutton for Scene 1 and another for Scene 8 which is dedicated to the Blackout function. These are termed "Simple Remotes". The AC1109 is a "Smart Remote" and has other capabilities. To answer your question, multiple Simple and Smart remotes can be used together and all can be used simultaneously with your TL-5024 console.

If you consult your AR1202 owner's manual or retrieve it from the Lightronics website, you'll see that you can use simple normally open momentary push-button switches to access from 1 to 7 scenes you can program into the AR1202. You can use one pushbutton for Scene 1 and another for Scene 8 which is dedicated to the Blackout function. These are termed "Simple Remotes". The AC1109 is a "Smart Remote" and has other capabilities. To answer your question, multiple Simple and Smart remotes can be used together and all can be used simultaneously with your TL-5024 console.
This sounds ideal! I really want to retain the control on the TL-5024 console in addition to adding a few discrete push button simple remotes that can be accessed without providing access to the console (“I don’t know what happened, I just started pressing buttons and now the lights won’t come on!”)

You’ve all been really helpful! Those smart remote architectural wall panels do look fantastic but a simple momentary switch sounds like it would do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back