Ovation ED-190WW Help

Hi everyone I work at a retail store that uses many of Chauvets Ovation ED-190WW Spotlight we have a recent problem where they all turn on and off in random intervals. Does anybody have an idea why this would be happening?

There are a multitude of possible reasons this could happen. Can you explain (include clear pictures if possible) how these fixtures are controlled as well as how they get power and data (if used)?

You may also want to reach out to Chauvet's customer support at: (954) 577-4455 option 4 They will be able to better walk you through troubleshooting your issue then we can though posts.

The first thing that comes to mind having used many of these is that it might be swapping back and forth between auto-detecting as being on a dimmer and on DMX if they're set to auto mode, do you know if they're on DMX or dimmer control? Other first thing that comes to mind is if there's a DMX terminator in line. If they're under DMX control, and it's not the auto-detect problem, my first thought would be put a terminator on the end or put an opto in line. I've had issues with the ED-190s flashing if too many fixtures are in a data line or if there isn't a terminator on the line more than I have with some other lights.

Paging @Ford & @Ben Dickmann !

Sounds like someone put your controller in chase mode.

I took your
There are a multitude of possible reasons this could happen. Can you explain (include clear pictures if possible) how these fixtures are controlled as well as how they get power and data (if used)?

You may also want to reach out to Chauvet's customer support at: (954) 577-4455 option 4 They will be able to better walk you through troubleshooting your issue then we can though posts.
Thanks I did give them a call they think it may be an issue with the thermal sensors but until they get back to me I'm trying your guys solutions

The first thing that comes to mind having used many of these is that it might be swapping back and forth between auto-detecting as being on a dimmer and on DMX if they're set to auto mode, do you know if they're on DMX or dimmer control? Other first thing that comes to mind is if there's a DMX terminator in line. If they're under DMX control, and it's not the auto-detect problem, my first thought would be put a terminator on the end or put an opto in line. I've had issues with the ED-190s flashing if too many fixtures are in a data line or if there isn't a terminator on the line more than I have with some other lights.

Paging @Ford & @Ben Dickmann !
They are DMX controlled but theres no data going to it I do think that they are set to auto so I'll climb up and change it.

Michael was definitely on the right track. If we understand how the system is setup, we’re more likely to be able to help. In addition to understanding how it’s set-up, can you please clarify some other details, so that we can help get you sorted...

Is this is a recent occurrence?
Also happening across the entire system?
Did it start happening all at once (just one day, random flickering throughout the system), or did it present gradually, over time (one unit flickered randomly for a few weeks, then another one joined in, then another, over the course of weeks or months?)

Is this a permanent installation, or seasonal?

Did you set this up yourself?

Did anything change prior to you noticing the issue? (was there some new construction?)

what are you using as a DMX controller?

You also that there’s no data going to it, but also that they are controlled by DMX.
Do the fixtures have DMX cable running to them, or
does the DMX run to dimmers, and the dimmers are controlling the power running to the fixtures? Or both? Does the system have DMX running through the fixtures, and Dimmers in-line?
Is the power dimmed, at any point?
If so, what dimmers are you using?

Knowing the answers to the questions above will give us a much clearer understanding of the entire system.

My gut says that this sounds like a control issue, but because the system isn’t limited by constant power and DMX (dimmers are possibly in the system), this opens up another list of possibilities.

thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back