Pea souper

Doowop63

What is the best set up for pea souper so I dont get water on stage where dancers may fall. Rented two machines but no hose came with them.

Any time you use dry ice fog on stage you will run the risk of getting condensation on the floor. That is inherent. Your best solution is to minimize the pooling of water that will happen at the source. Plastic dryer hose that you can find at any hardware store would/should fit onto the unit and allow you to aim the effect. Then if you have a towel under the hose opening it will catch anything that condenses and drips. The humidity of your venue will make a difference as well. The more humid it is inside = the more condensation you will get on your floor. If you have any way to control your hvac system I would recommend trying to run them the day of to reduce the ambient humidity in the room. Also, in our venue we also have to turn our hvac system off for the 10-15 minutes that we will be using the dry ice fog. This helps us to hold the fog longer onstage without it completely blowing of stage right or into the orchestra. The piccolos hate fog in their face.

As a side note, if you are using a Marley floor, you could pre-treat it with a product call "Slip NoMor"; dancers on pointe will appreciate this.

-The count down to Nutcracker begins...

We are doing CATS and I have two pea soupers to use. If I place a drop in the hose will that catch most of the condensation. Units will be off stagr with towels. Just wondrring about where the hose exits. I plan on having the hoses coming through the "junk".

As a side note, if you are using a Marley floor, you could pre-treat it with a product call "Slip NoMor"; dancers on pointe will appreciate this.

Slip No Mor works well on stages without Marley, also. It will come up after a couple of moppings of clean water. It does tend to get a bit slimy when damp, though.

Good luck finding plastic dryer hose, it's getting really hard to find at a hardware store. Nearly everything has gone to metal for the reduced fire/melting risk.

Good luck finding plastic dryer hose, it's getting really hard to find at a hardware store. Nearly everything has gone to metal for the reduced fire/melting risk.

I've had more luck recently in finding RV Sewage Hose for this very reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back