The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

PLASA2008 Review

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by indyLD, Sep 9, 2008.

1. indyLD

indyLD Member

Hey all,

If you want to know what's going on across the pond, there is a PLASA 2008 Review at On Stage Lighting. Gives a different perspective before LDI.

Cheers

2. Darthrob13

Darthrob13 Active Member

Yes, well this person effectively missed the Strand booth as he thinks they have somehow disappeared from the market.

Interesting otherwise.

3. indyLD

indyLD Member

I didn't say Strand had disappeared but I did make a reference to the state of their brand in the UK. Not quite the same thing.

Thanks for stopping by.

Edit to add: // rather ironically, the Strand auto link through to the CB glossary just flicked me a 404.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  4. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Not ironic at all. Currently, every Wiki entry will return a 404 error, as CB's Wiki is undergoing construction/refurbishment. Please pardon our dust.

If memory serves, I first read on Blue Room the "new Light Palette" referred to, by 5xx users, as the "Malette"--a contraction of Marquee and Palette, as well as a convenient derogative.

Since neither Strand nor ETC have anything terribly new or exciting, getting back to topic. To those who attended PLASA: what's the buzz on Bad Boy, MAC III, and StudioPIX? Is grandMA2 being shown publicly?

5. toshiboy

toshiboy Member

Yes the GrandMA 2 was shown publicly, and I think it is a great desk, I spent a good hour been given a demo. There visualiser is fantastic and user interface is grade, All screens are touch including the one next to the key pad, I love the feautre were you hit a couple of buttons and the screen goes flat down. :p, It really is a great desk. I may aswell give my opinion on another great desk.

EOS

The EOS was great, the user interface was very simple to use and looks accessable, I really like the touch screen colour palette which also shows the boundry line on the colour spectrum spectrum for each fixture, If it uses CMY.

6. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member