Post your updates here...

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
@dvsDave and I have arrived. Be sure to say hello if you spot us. We've got CB pocket reference cards, stickers, CB ribbons to hang off your badge, and if you are really lucky...

Use this to thread to post updates about things you are doing, what you find, etc...

If you want to get into the expo hall first tomorrow, go to the early career honors in the ballroom. Everyone from there gets in first. I'll be one of the last ones in that procession and that is the signal for the others to go in. The opening performance event will also happen at the event instead of near the expo doors this year.

Well, getting read for Day 2. Not a lot of new things to report on this year. Sparktacular is again the coolest thing here. See our LDI 2016 videos for that.

We will be posting some new videos of things we see here in the coming days.

I love how many students are here, there's a great atmosphere and energy about USITT.

We shot half a dozen videos that Dave will be editing and posting I the next week. It was a great convention. USITT is definitely growing. It was a little disappointing that so many of my CB friends we're there to hang out with. You were missed! There was a LOT of amazing BBQ consumed. The closing night party at the "City Museum" was amazing! The last thing I expected to post about this trip was that I stood in front of Bill Sapsis in line to ride a spiral slide that goes down 10 stories. Uh... Yeah... Do a Google image search for City Museum. Found some cool new products. Met a lot of great people. Learned a lot. What a great time! Now I'm waiting for my plane home. Watch for the videos to follow soon.

Sounds great but have to say I enjoyed the sessions at Canoecopia - a women's solo trip on 400+ miles of the Wisconsin River, the guys that paddled from the Gulf of Mexico up the Mississippi to the Artic, and through trips on the NFCT (watertrail from Old Forge NY to Ft Kent ME. Very cool.

That City Museum is amazing. You've never seen so many 30,40,50,60+year olds playing like little kids. We had a great battle in the ball pit and spent hours crawling around exploring the caves... Yes I am 46!... The reoccurring theme was "@dvsDave climb in that hole and tell us where it goes!"

That City Museum is amazing. You've never seen so many 30,40,50,60+year olds playing like little kids. We had a great battle in the ball pit and spent hours crawling around exploring the caves... Yes I am 46!... The reoccurring theme was "@dvsDave climb in that hole and tell us where it goes!"
Glad they took you guys there. Been going there since it opened 20 years ago. Hopefully it was warm enough/not icy and you were all able to go outside or up on the roof. Easily my most favorite place in St. Louis. Probably the most original place in the country. There really is nothing like it. @MrsFooter wrote a killer blogpost on it a few years back... go there to see a video of a half drunk me in a human sized hamster wheel.

Anyplace you can take this picture... 10 stories up... works for me (also really old picture from before we were married).

proxy.php

Last edited:
So, Ft. Lauderdale next year. Will be interesting to see what you guys dig up there.

So, Ft. Lauderdale next year. Will be interesting to see what you guys dig up there.

The scores of the Red Sox spring training games I'll be going to ;)

I wonder where it will be in 2020?
  • Ft. Lauderdale (2018)
  • Louisville, KY (2019),
  • TBA (2020)
  • Columbus, OH (2021)

The scores of the Red Sox spring training games I'll be going to ;)

I might have some connections that could help in this endeavor.

Anaheim was being floated as the most likely site.
The Long Beach was a bit of a snicker since we went there for three years - like every three years. Personally I'd prefer northwest over southern California.

Hey wait. I'll be outta here by then. Meet wherever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back