Wireless Power Supply for PGX4

TheaterEd

Renaissance Man
Fight Leukemia
I have a Shure PGX4 with no power supply. I know it is supposed to use a PS21US, however all I have available is a PS41US from a different unit. I was able to plug the 41 into the receiver and have it power up, but am I risking frying the receiver by plugging it into this different adapter?

the PS21 outputs 12V....400mA
the PS41 outputs 15V....600mA

I am not familiar enough with electricity and it is too early in the morning for me to figure this out on my own. Any opinion welcome.

600ma is no problem, but those 3 extra volts... it depends entirely on the design of the device; you do risk zorching it.

I wouldn't.

Sent from my SPH-L720

The owner's manual says the PGX4 requires 12-18 V DC, tip positive. Any current rating of 150 mA or more will be fine. Your best bet is to go to Radio Shack and buy a 273-357 or 273-358. Take the receiver along to find the right plug adapter. Pay careful attention that the center of the plug is positive, which is determined by which way the adapter is plugged into the cord.

I can't find any info about the polarity or connector size of the PS41. Besides, there is no benefit to using one branded Shure.

The owner's manual says the PGX4 requires 12-18 V DC, tip positive. Any current rating of 150 mA or more will be fine. Your best bet is to go to Radio Shack and buy a 273-357 or 273-358. Take the receiver along to find the right plug adapter. Pay careful attention that the center of the plug is positive, which is determined by which way the adapter is plugged into the cord.

I can't find any info about the polarity or connector size of the PS41. Besides, there is no benefit to using one branded Shure.
The ps41 appears to have the same connector except it also has a screw gate designed to attach it to the receiver. Even with the gate I was able to get power to the unit. Since it is only 15V I should be good right?

I did plug it in, but only for a moment or two. It is looking like I won't need this after all, but if push comes to shove it's always good to know my options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back