Problem with Effects for ETC Express 48/96

Eiolon

So I been trying to program a list of effects for a submaster or cue system and only aloud 100 steps. Now I was wondering if thee is a way to create another set of steps in a new submaster/cue and combine the first one with it so it just goes automatic after the one is done?

Well, with a cue you can just have the second cue follow the first cue. Or you can work in a subroutine. A subroutine is a series of cue steps and style steps, and the cues that make up the steps can be effects cues.
As for submasters, there isn't really any way to make one sub trigger another sub, but I can think of a work around with macros...

If you want a more robust version of effects you could try using a subroutine. The way it works is you write a bunch of cues outside of your normal sequence (say your using cues 1 through 500, you could write 600-800) as each step of your effect. Then go into [Blind], hit [Cue] Cue #, (Type), 4 (subroutine), and add each cue into the subroutine, then add a step at the end that loops back. Check the manual for more details, you can get a lot more versatility out of a sequence of cues than an effect, and it looks like just one cue in your cue list.

Eiolon, perhaps you should tell us what it is you wish to accomplish. 100 steps is quite a lot, and the only time I've ever needed more was when writing an automated channel check, in which case I wrote two cues containing effects, with the second as an autofollow.

I can't remember if the final version of Express(ion) software (3.3?) allowed subroutines on submasters; I know previous versions didn't. Expression I wouldn't even allow effects on submasters. Silly 1987!:(
http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/members/eiolon.html

Eiolon, perhaps you should tell us what it is you wish to accomplish. 100 steps is quite a lot, and the only time I've ever needed more was when writing an automated channel check, in which case I wrote two cues containing effects, with the second as an autofollow.

I can't remember if the final version of Express(ion) software (3.3?) allowed subroutines on submasters; I know previous versions didn't. Expression I wouldn't even allow effects on submasters. Silly 1987!:(
http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/members/eiolon.html

You have to have Emphasis in order for an Express/ion series to run subroutines on subs, sadly as it's a great function.

I too was wondering about the 100 steps. I've always written many, many fewer steps and run it as random to get away from the sequential look of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back