Proper lighting - help!

Hey everyone! I am looking for some light to up light a tent or light splash it. I need something low voltage, not drawing an excessive amount of power, and doesn't get too hot. Also, main problem, all LEDs I've seen have that blue glow, when we really need something that is warm white. Any suggestions??? Much appreciated.

It does indeed look as if the Well has been replaced.. by the Well 2.0!

Products » WELL

As for the ovation, I think it's aimed at a different lighting sector then you- I think if you're looking for a unit to add accents to the tent, you will want something that has color mixing- the ovation unit you linked is white only.

I also think you might have "voltage" mixed up with something else. Almost anything we talk in terms of LED pars is going to be 120-208... the well is battery powered- but requires 100-240v to charge.

Also, your going to want to look for something with a white or amber LED chip. The standard RGB lights do not do too well in the amber/gold range. I have had pleasing results getting a "warm white" out of RGBW LED's.

Hey everyone! I am looking for some light to up light a tent or light splash it. I need something low voltage, not drawing an excessive amount of power, and doesn't get too hot. Also, main problem, all LEDs I've seen have that blue glow, when we really need something that is warm white. Any suggestions??? Much appreciated.

OSRAM KREIOS FL? Only 60W of power (110V though), it's a flood light, so it'll wash it with light. You can tape gel to the front (Gel frame is in development) as there is very little heat (being that it is LED). If you are looking for color changing, this is not the right product. But if you just want to throw light on a tent , this might be a relatively cheap and low energy option for you. The web banner at the top will show what it looks like. Just one thought I had at least.

Something to buy or something you can rent from someone else?

Will it need dmx control?

Do you need color mixing or will they always be white?

Is there some reason 90W PAR 38s with gel wont do the job? I doubt they would make the thing too hot, or is power that much of a concern? Im sure you can get low voltage PARs too.

If you are tight on money and you don't like the blueish glow you are seeing on current fixtures, try putting a warm color correction gel over your existing inventory, and maybe that can help correct the blue you don't like. Many LEDs have gel frames to utilize if you can't quite mix the color you want. Any unit that is RGBAW should cover the look you are going for where the traditional RGB units may be a little tougher to mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back