Protocol? She turns off her mic as she walks on stage...

Doing event work it is mandatory to lock your mics - whoever's fault it is, you'll take the blame and you could lose a client over something so minor. In theatre, yes, it is natural to want to throw things at the aforementioned actor. Should that happen, you may find yourself doing event work instead :)

Actors should be told that if their mics are not locked to 'on' then they should switch them on when going on stage.
Unless the batteries or something weird happens that should solve the problem.
I have to agree with Chris as too easily this ends up being interpreted to mean that they should always switch the mic power as they go on stage, which can result in their turning it off as readily as turning it on.

We have Shure transmitters and sometimes even tape over the switch isn't enough if there are a lot of costume changes. We put a dime under the tape over the switch so it can't possibly get pressed. Also fresh or freshly charged batteries for every performance is a rule. Now if I could put the mic cables in conduit, we'd be golden.

What model Shure? As stated, most newer have a button combination that will lock them on regardless of switch position. I love dealing with 'professional' presenters that try and turn it off as they walk off stage and get really confused when the led won't go off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back