Putting A Face To The Name

Necroposted because of the tell us about you thread

proxy.php

Hey...you had said about the job at OCU..I met you there! Briefly. I came in with Heidi and my plant while you were chilling with a bunch of students by the paint frame and hung out for a bit before running away quickly...I wondered if you were the same lighting candidate but I thought...how likely is that...small world.

Hey yeah I remember you!! How's the plant?

Color Kinetics M&M's

I'm drooling.
I love Apollo gum, and chocolate, and that sounds like the best of both. Geeky candy. Yum.

Here's me...

focusing, looking teeny tiny and 4' tall (I'm actually 5'7"!).

being a moving light position after being stuck in a hotel ballroom all day and night wearing "It's almost 3:30am and I don't care" blacks.

And if all of you ask very nicely, I might post a photo of me in my Source Four costume. ;]
Otherwise, I'll go hide in some dark corner and feel like a geek.

Please share??? Pretty Please? This sounds interesting. :?::?::?::cool:

Here goes my reputation...

(Oh wait, I never had a good one!)

(Fill in the blank? )

I apologize to the fairy inadvertently photographed. I don't know her, or anyone else in the shot. Oops.

Don't worry Serendipity... or should we just call you dip?
It looks like you'll fit in just fine around here. :mrgreen:

That's the farthest that I've seen anyone go in terms of tech costumes.

Round two should include a lamp cap hat, and a c-clamp in your hand.

Here goes my reputation...

At least it's not a giant S4 made out of foam like those giant burger costumes that are outside fast food restaurants and whatnot...

Actually, it's kind of clever...

At least you don't look like this:

proxy.php

At least it's not a giant S4 made out of foam like those giant burger costumes that are outside fast food restaurants and whatnot...
Eureka! I wanna see Steve Terry dressed up in a foam-rubber SourceFour costume at this year's LDI.:twisted:

Don't worry Serendipity... or should we just call you dip?
I'll go with dip, if you're really inclined, though I'm sure someone can come up with something better. (And I'm not talking about "Hey-You-Girl-With-The-Geeky-Source-Four-Costume!" Although I bet I respond to that too.)

Wow.
Other techs laughed at my Source Four halloween pumpkin, but this is a whole new level.

I salute you.

I want to see the source four halloween pumpkin..? I think? :p Kidding, I'm curious.

That's the farthest that I've seen anyone go in terms of tech costumes.

Round two should include a lamp cap hat, and a c-clamp in your hand.

I'll take that as a compliment.
I was going to make a c-camp headband, but unfortunately, I ran out of time. I should have done a burn base and pigtail though...

I did have the wattage in white on my "temperature insulated handle". ;]

****it, I wish I had the budget for that!
Kidding.

Eureka! I wanna see Steve Terry dressed up in a foam-rubber SourceFour costume at this year's LDI.:twisted:
Yes please! Yes please!
Send me photos. Oh, and make sure he runs around saying, "Best then, best now!"

He could even take photos with everyone. It'd be like at Disneyland, but better. :cool:
Maybe we could get a lightronics ellipsoidal costume and have the two fight in the middle of the exhibition hall.
Or a dance routine with pars and parnels?

The possibilities are endless...

It looks like you'll fit in just fine around here. :mrgreen:

Uh oh. :eek:

So, if STEVETERRY has an account on here, than why hasn't he seen/commented on these brilliant costuming suggestions? I mean, I'm sure he has tons of important insight (pun unintended!) about the Ion and Wing Panels or Foamy S4 costume.

So, if STEVETERRY has an account on here, than why hasn't he seen/commented on these brilliant costuming suggestions? I mean, I'm sure he has tons of important insight (pun unintended!) about the Ion and Wing Panels or Foamy S4 costume.

I don't believe Steve has ever posted in off topic. He's a very important and busy professional and doesn't have a lot of time to waste down here in the off topic forum.

Hmmm there may be a lesson to be learned in there...

Come on Gaff, we basiclly own the off topic section its our old stamping ground we must hold the record for the most pointless amount of off topic posts.

Don't go soft on me now man, i know your getting old but seriously, without you im just not annoying enough :lol:

I don't believe Steve has ever posted in off topic. He's a very important and busy professional and doesn't have a lot of time to waste down here in the off topic forum.

Of course there is... But where's the fun in that?

Well, who'da thunk? I actually found a picture of me working (kind of). This was my first show back in 2000 right after being sworn in to the union. Yeah, I lucked out and was working props on Phantom of the Opera in my first month (which ticked off some of the old timers who weren't available that day).

No recent pix. I think I break cameras or something (this one was a Polaroid).

Attachments

• Davin in Phantom.jpg
    Davin in Phantom.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 126
I have some photo's in my album.. just check my profile by clicking on my username. I have some of me, some friends with me, work shots and some DJ pictures.

Didn't want to repost them all here, but feel free to check them there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back