Digital Surfaces QSC TouchMix

chausman

Chase
Fight Leukemia
Got an email from QSC today about a new Console they've come out with. The TouchMix.

proxy.php

Looks like a more streamlined version of the Mackie DL1602.

12 and 20 Input versions. The 20 Input version has 10 Outputs. Includes a remote app for iPad, an included USB wifi adaptor (no additional hardware required, which I think is the coolest part), and carrying case. The included wifi adaptor is probably a good thing, since the screen looks pretty small.

Supposedly $899 for the 12 Input TouchMix-8 and $1299 for the 20 Input TouchMix-16.

Really a niche product, but I can think of places I'd like to see one, like a Church setup that must be torn down every week. Or something pretty small to go in the pit, especially with the fairly large amount of outputs (for the size) for a small .

I saw this earlier today, not looking too promising for me as I like tactile control. Digital at that (expected) price point without having to buy an iPad too is exciting to see.

With the limited information currently available on the TouchMix and Behringer X18 I'm hesitant to discuss them too much. When these "professional" product releases include information such as single line diagrams, images of all the touchscreens and perhaps even a preliminary manual then you can start talking in more detail about the actual product being offered, without such information any discussion seems to be more about concepts or proposed products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back