Automated Fixtures Question about adding movers to my simple setup

While SeaChanger is a great unit and has it's place, I would be hesitant to use them over the stage with a 12' trim. The profiles are 30" long. That's 2 1/2 feet long! If you were to use them as top light, the end of the instrument would only be like 3 1/2 feet above a person's head.

Plus the Nemo will run you something like $3500/ea.

my $.02
-Tim

While SeaChanger is a great unit and has it's place, I would be hesitant to use them over the stage with a 12' trim. The profiles are 30" long. That's 2 1/2 feet long! If you were to use them as top light, the end of the instrument would only be like 3 1/2 feet above a person's head.

Plus the Nemo will run you something like $3500/ea.

my $.02
-Tim

Thats the first I have actually heard a price on these things. Not sure what they cost, but I assumed it was expensive. Also, I had no idea they were that long. I guess the pictures on the website are kind of deceptive. They really didnt seem that big.

I guess the thing that I've learned most about this exercise - there's absolutely NO substitute for trim height!! Seems that bars/clubs (commonly have low trim) go for a different look that lends itself to using less fixtures or more extreme angles & less light in general.
This is true. Last club I was in used a bunch of club style MLs and had them flash in cool beam patterns. Not a whole lot of wash lights used, in my experience. Some, but not a lot.

Thats the first I have actually heard a price on these things. Not sure what they cost, but I assumed it was expensive. Also, I had no idea they were that long. I guess the pictures on the website are kind of deceptive. They really didnt seem that big.

I've never been quoted a price, I was just estimating off of the MSRP. The length I also got off their spec sheet. I have never taken a tape measure to one in real life, but I can tell you from first hand experience (with the T-H ones), they are quite long.

Low ceilings in clubs might be one reason why scanners are so popular there.

-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back