Control/Dimming RC4 4dim Addressing Issues

Golani

Like the title says, I'm having trouble with my RC4 4dim's. I have an older model of an RC4 with only 2 dimmers on it which had absolutely no problems taking and keeping the address that I'm giving them. I followed the exact steps in the manuals but have no luck. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the 4dim receiving power, the blue indicator is lit and when I press "Set A", "Set B", etc. it just seems to power that line out while I'm pressing down the button. Both the older and newer RC4's are RGB LED tape and there is a power line to each of the colors so that isn't the issue, there is sufficient power.

If anybody has any solutions to my problem, I would greatly appreciate it -- we go into first dress tomorrow night!

Thank you!

RC4 people are around I'm sure they will weigh in. But it sounds like you might of had a power surge and it zapped the box.

Did this happen in the last couple of days cause we have had some wicked rain and storms lately.

They may not get the message until tomorrow, but look for someone from RC4 to stop by and help.

Like the title says, I'm having trouble with my RC4 4dim's. I have an older model of an RC4 with only 2 dimmers on it which had absolutely no problems taking and keeping the address that I'm giving them. I followed the exact steps in the manuals but have no luck. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the 4dim receiving power, the blue indicator is lit and when I press "Set A", "Set B", etc. it just seems to power that line out while I'm pressing down the button. Both the older and newer RC4's are RGB LED tape and there is a power line to each of the colors so that isn't the issue, there is sufficient power.

If anybody has any solutions to my problem, I would greatly appreciate it -- we go into first dress tomorrow night!

Thank you!

Hello, Sean here from RC4. Sounds like you have changed the ID of the dimmer as you are seeing the set buttons act as "bump" buttons for testing. I am guessing you are not seeing the data coming from the transmitter because of this. Start by setting the ID to ID0 by holding the SetA button down while you power on the unit. ID0 is the default ID for systems. If there is another problem you are covered under the RC4 Lifetime Warranty. We will ship you a new device at no charge. I don't think its a bad device as you are seeing some functionality.

Shoot me an email [email protected] and we will get you sorted.

Hi Golani.

All your RC4 equipment -- both Series 2 and Series 3 -- are covered by our RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty. That means if something has actually failed in the box, and you haven't misused or abused it, we will either repair or replace it at no charge.

But this doesn't sound like a disaster, actually. I think your 4dim is set to a different Private System ID than your transmitter is. The LEDs on power-up indicate which ID is selected, you just have to know what to look for.

At this point it will be best to move this out of ControlBooth and over to RC4 Technical Support. I am available to help you through this right now. Please send an email to [email protected] and I will reply with links to simple tutorial videos that show you how to determine the current ID and change it to any ID you need. And if that doesn't resolve it, I can arrange to send a replacement unit tomorrow for receipt the following day.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. We will resolve it quickly and efficiently.

Thank you,
Jim
RC4

They may not get the message until tomorrow, but look for someone from RC4 to stop by and help.
I believe we have a new record for customer service on CB 32 minutes from the question being asked to a representative of the company offering help. Nicely done @theatrewireless and @RC4 Sean

So for future viewers can you update when it has been solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back