Replacement lamp for scoop - 750w

Sorry if redundant - I looked for this, but couldn't find the info.

I'm trying to find replacement lamps for a scoop fixture - 750w 120v. Pics attached of a dead Sylvania. (Sorry for the 2nd pic of the BTL - in the background is the lamp in question. Since it's the only pic showing the base, I thought I'd include it.)

Is anyone still making these lamps? What do I search for? They do want to dim them.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6651.jpeg
    IMG_6651.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6655.jpeg
    IMG_6655.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 50
The "photoflood" in the name is the giveaway: it only has an 8hr lifespan... but it's bright!
Well, that could be the worst corner of hell imaginable--to discover someone had relamped all of the worklights with hi-intensity, low-life lamps!

Well, that could be the worst corner of hell imaginable--to discover someone had relamped all of the worklights with hi-intensity, low-life lamps!
Part of me wonders how well they would work if you just set the max level of your dimmers to... like 90-100VAC or so. Same concept as "long-life" 130V lamps on 120V circuits. If you just dim these down to wherever they need to be for the lumen output to match a standard lamp, then you might get a more normal lifespan as well. Not sure where color temp would end up, though... If I weren't lazy, I could probably figure out the math to at least estimate all of the above.

Part of me wonders how well they would work if you just set the max level of your dimmers to... like 90-100VAC or so. Same concept as "long-life" 130V lamps on 120V circuits. If you just dim these down to wherever they need to be for the lumen output to match a standard lamp, then you might get a more normal lifespan as well. Not sure where color temp would end up, though... If I weren't lazy, I could probably figure out the math to at least estimate all of the above.
Sounds exactly opposite (unopposite ?) to how a certain company got its start and name...

If I weren't lazy, I could probably figure out the math to at least estimate all of the above.
No need to be lazy, just Ask Derek™ .

Attachments

• LampFormulas2.xls
    45.5 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Back