Replacing house light lamps

Any updates? Also how about issues with running all LED on your dimmers? I know for example the home dimmers I have you can't have all LED or they'll flicker / light even at off. Is this an issue for architectural / theatrical dimmers?

I've had a couple of issues since we switched. One lamp is dead, I don't know why and it hasn't affected much so we haven't pulled it down to see what happened. Another lamp seems to turn off at a higher percentage than the others. So if the rest to out at 5% it goes out at 10% or something like that. And at that lower range it tends to flicker at times. Otherwise they've been pretty decent for me

Via tapatalk

@Edrick : We have a really similar situation happening here at the Auditorium I am managing. I am living in California and dealing with the change in the laws regarding the purchase of incandescent lamps. We have over 600 lamps that serve as the practical light for our audience and I have been researching products for quite some time. I have been in contact with a company that has put me in touch with a product manufacutred by Philips. They are "360 degree" LED lamps that do a full dim without a flicker. They are however, around $40-$60 a pop depending on the wattage and lumen output that you are looking for. While this would work for us here, the cost for replacement to a high school theater is astronomical. Here is the link to the specifications on this lamp:

[url]http://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/pwc_li/us_en/connect/tools_literature/downloads/p-6287.pdf[/URL]

We also sampled some new LEDs from Sylvania which had a flicker at 10% and dimmed from 10%-100%

http://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Documents/RETRO053.64ed2042-64e7-4e16-9150-ffda82e7bd6d.pdf

Whie the specs say dimmable up to 10% (in regards to the Philips brand) they will do a full dim here in my Auditorium. I was able to procure 5 lamps to sample in one of my fixtures. The dome like structure that I tried them in holds 5 lamps. I took out all other lamps on that circuit to test for minimum load capacity with my house dimming system and found them to work just as well as an incandescent lamp.

Maybe this will help you out. I think I am going to be stuck with switching to CFLs with a flicker at 20% until we can find a cost effective replacement or retrofit.

We replaced all our work lighting in the TV studio this week with Sylvania LED dimable par lights there's only maybe 5 on a circuit. But now the A2000 leviton architectural system doesn't dim those lights they just go from full on to full off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back