Review: New grand piano cover

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
My old cover for my grand piano was breaking down and little bits of the padding were being left all over the place creating dust every time I remove the cover. So I just got a new one. I ordered my new one from http://www.americanpianocovers.com/ Ordering was easy. All I needed to do was find the model number of the piano and the website tells you what size you need based on the model number (Tip: The model number of my piano was located inside the lid near the stick). It took about 2 weeks for them to make it and ship it, which was not bad at all. I got their highest quality material the "Heavy Quilted Mackintosh" and upgraded to the side slits so that you can flip the end up and play it without removing the whole cover. Final cost was just over $300. I had no idea where to go to get one so I thought I would share what I learned here. I'm not personally getting any kick back for this posting and neither is CB.

It looks well made. The exterior material is very heavy and should last a long time. Inside, the material feels very soft, similar to a microfiber cloth for cleaning lenses. It looks great, fits perfect.

Looks nice. It hangs a few inches lower than my old one which I love. The actual color is very black with a bit of a reflective sheen to it, making my flash change the color.
IMG_20181008_110351.jpg

Closeup of exterior material. Feels durable and appears to be stitched well.
IMG_20181008_110403.jpg

Close up of interior material. Very soft velvet/micro fiber feel.
IMG_20181008_110421.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back