Rosco Omega-XT fog machine

mozsey

Hello all.

I am currently lighting for a high school and the director wants to use a fog machine. I found the schools Omega fog machine, but I can guarantee it hasn't been used in at least 4 years. I know distilled water to clean it, but is it safe to use the fog juice that's in it? Does it have a shelf life?

I was also wondering if anyone can link me to the manual for it or specs on it. I can't find much doing a web search.

Thanks.

First, try contacting a ROSCO dealer in your area., but I doubt it will be of much help. I know that that machine has not been made for at least 6-8 years and probablly longer. I will look through my files and see If I can find an old manual, no guarantees though. Many Rosco dealers offer in house service as does CLE, but I'm a bit too far away for you to send it to me. Here are several Rosco dealers in the seatle area.

Hollywood Lighting Services
660 S. Dakota Street
Seattle, WA 98108

206-292-2353

Hollywood Lighting Services, INC. is now Hollywood Lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific Grip & Lighting
10401 Martin Luther King Jr. Way South
Seattle, WA 98178

206-622-8540

Film and Video Lighting and Grip Equipment - Pacific Grip and Lighting - Portland, OR and Seattle, WA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PNTA
2414 SW Andover Street
Seattle, WA 98106

206-622-7850

PNTA | Your Experts in Theater and Stage Equipment, Supplies, Rentals and Consulting

Silhouette Lights & Stage
2432 S Inland Empire Way
Spokane, WA 99204

509-747-4804

Silhouette Lights and Staging

Stagecraft Industries Inc Seattle
5503 Sixth Ave. South
Seattle, WA 98108

206-763-8800

Stagecraft Industries | Portland, Oregon - Stage Curtains - Stage Equipment - Theater Equipment

Last edited:
There might have been a reason why it hasn't been used for a long time. Before you test/use it make sure the smoke detectors are turned off. You do not want to pay the $1000 fine when the fire brigade shows up. Call ROSCO for help they are friendly.

Last edited:
There might have been a reasen why it hasn't been used for a long time. Before you test/use it make sure the smoke detectors are turned off. You do not want to pay the $1000 fine when the fire brigade shows up. Call ROSCO for help they are friendly.

It hasn't been used because it belongs to another high school (the one I went to) and it was in storage for 3 years, and at this school for a year.

For Those who are interested, the last OMEGA -XT was manufactured in 1994, the unit in question is at least 19 years old. Probably time for a new unit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back