Scanner "Dome"

express

Hey Everyone!,

So, they're is a gig that I'm working that I would love to bring either RoboScans or Mania SCX500s to. Now the problem is that its outside. And its a few day long event. I'd prefer not to just leave them out. I know that you can get domes for moving heads, but do scanners have anything along the same lines. I know that tempest has theirs, but that would be complete overkill, as this isn't a permeant instal.

Thanks for the Help,
Ben.

Hey Everyone!,

So, they're is a gig that I'm working that I would love to bring either RoboScans or Mania SCX500s to. Now the problem is that its outside. And its a few day long event. I'd prefer not to just leave them out. I know that you can get domes for moving heads, but do scanners have anything along the same lines. I know that tempest has theirs, but that would be complete overkill, as this isn't a permeant instal.

Thanks for the Help,
Ben.

Possibly this would suit your needs? Maybe with a little modification.

http://www.martin.com/product/product.asp?product=rainmac
Touring, rigging & stage construction

Last edited:
Looks like an old post of mine was linked from this thread.

I've taken many moving lights into the elements (snow, thunderstorms, desert storms, etc). When it comes to trackspots, the answer is: don't bother. They just won't die. I literally ran a dozen of them in 110 degree weather for 7 days and nights nonstop. In all day duststorms. I think I lost 1 motor out of 60.

however, the roboscans aren't as durable and the manias will break if you look at them wrong. If rain is your worry, just cut a piece of metal or plastic and attach it to the top of the scanner. All falling rain will not fall into your unit. Any sideways blowing rain should evaporate around the hot lamp source. And throw garbage bags over the fixtures when not in use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back