Scene transition help

BlueMobius

Hi all, I'm new to ControlBooth and fairly new to lighting as well. I have a new Element board with an array of ColorSource pars and a couple led source fours with I-Cue mirrors attached. I've been running into a problem that I'm sure is a result of my ignorance.

When I change between scenes, my moving light moves as the scene changes. Is this normal? What if like is, for example, to have the light focused downstage right, go to black, and then come up with that I-Cue already focused downstage left. I don't want to see the light move. I have the same issue with my dmx iris. If I have it at 100% in one scene, can I have it at 50% three scenes later without seeing the iris move?

I'm also seeing lights change color during transitions from black to lit and I fear this is a result of the same issue.

Any help or insight on this would be so beyond appreciated!

You need to mark your moving lights/mirrors and there needs to be enough time between when the intensity goes to zero and the next time it comes up for the move to complete.

The simplest way to take care of this is to turn on "Auto-Mark." Yo do this in settings>show settings and then click on "auto-Mark" to enable it. Auto-Mark will mark any non-intensity-parameters in the cue prior to when the fixture is next used.

Thank you so much! I just didn't know the right question to ask and wasn't aware of "mark" or "auto-mark" at all.

I figured out that I have to provide a blackout before the next movement cue which I figured would be the case. I know I can delay intensity to allow the light to move before it's lit but I'm not quire sure how to do that yet (i.e. I'm not sure how to move the light while the intensity is delayed because I'm not sure how to isolate the movement parameter). But I'm getting there!

I figured out that I have to provide a blackout before the next movement cue which I figured would be the case. I know I can delay intensity to allow the light to move before it's lit but I'm not quire sure how to do that yet (i.e. I'm not sure how to move the light while the intensity is delayed because I'm not sure how to isolate the movement parameter). But I'm getting there!

What you are describing is Marking so you are on the right track. The lights need some time to change color/position, maybe not long, but some. If you don't tell them when then they do it going into the next cue. Marking puts a 'hidden' cue in so they get the message to move in the darkness. Read up in the manual about Mark and maybe try some of the tutorial stuff (Tea Break Tutorial, YouTube) specifically on marking. There are lots of tricks to get (close to) what you want, whatever that might be.

Oh yes, Part Cues are great for manual marking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back