Scroller and Seachanger troubleshooting

Hi there,

It seems this thread slipped by me -- looking at it now, I have a few thoughts. Sorry for not posting sooner.

Regarding the MXRs --
Is there any chance that you updated the console software around the time that the MXRs stopped working, or were working with offline software that was a different version than your console? (Also, what version of Ion are you running?)
The reason that I ask is because the way that we handle dual scroll fixtures changed in version 1.9.5 onwards. If you take a showfile from an earlier version of software, and run it on the newer version, it will have very similar behavior to what you're describing until the fixture profile is updated.

To fix this, go to Patch ([Displays] -> {Patch}). Press [S1], and then [S6], or {Fixtures}. Select the MXRs from the list, and click on the "Update Lib" text, which should show up in white. If it does not, that means that the fixture is up to date. There will be a warning displayed that this will change showfile data, and isn't undo-able (bear in mind you can always open a previously saved showfile if things go sour).

The major benefit of the newer profile for the MXR is that instead of handling the scrollers in terms of frames (F1-F4), you now have 0-100% control of each scroll.

Finally, regarding the color picker -- while it isn't intended to give an absolutely perfect match (things such as metamerisms, varying color temperatures, and individual fixture variances tend to make it a bit more difficult), the color picker should get you in the ballpark of the color, allowing you to tweak it to suit your design needs. If it doesn't, do let us know -- the MXRs should be working with the color picker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back