Control/Dimming Sending DMX down a single wire (not a single cable)

DVSDave actually has FIOS (Fiber to the home here in the U.S). Its here in town but has yet to come to my side of town. The fiber is on the poll outside my apt, they just have not installed the gear to get it to the houses yet.

Fiber can work on one strand but you get one way communication. There does not have to be separate runs for a clock signal or that type of thing with fiber. Video over fiber converters are one example of one way devices. 802.3z (1gb Ethernet over Fiber) requires two runs, one for data send and one for receive. Thats the typical setup found in most installations.

Got FIOS here (glass to the home.) TV, Phone (2 way), Internet (2 way) all on a single fiber. You can run a ton of things on a single fiber and in both directions at the same time, they just have to be at different frequencies of light. Currently, they put up to 160 customers on each fiber using optical splitters on the street.

And somehow we are still waiting for the OP to come back! Maybe if we all PM him at once, he will wake up!

This thing happens more often then you would think, but this thread got picked up and followed pretty hard. The OP posted one post and this was it. Odds are he does not even remember the URL anymore. Prove me wrong OP!

DVSDave actually has FIOS (Fiber to the home here in the U.S). Its here in town but has yet to come to my side of town. The fiber is on the poll outside my apt, they just have not installed the gear to get it to the houses yet.
I've been a FIOS evangelist for years! It all started down here...
I have a rock-solid 20/5 connection and beautiful HD that comes to me without additional compression. If you can get it, I highly recommend that you do. :)

Would killing someone help me get FiOS? Cause I might be tempted to if it would.

Would killing someone help me get FiOS? Cause I might be tempted to if it would.

No, just kidnapping the family dog. Its already been looked into to get Google Fiber into GR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back