Sensor brain issues

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So got a call that a sensor dimmer rack CEM was “geeking out” their words not mine. So I had time to kill cause it’s Friday. So I drove out to the show site and the CEM was indeed artifacting on the screen. I held the reset button down for 10 seconds and got the normal startup screen to flash. Then the dimmer modules started flashing and boom CEM went back to doing the same thing.

I’m gonna test it on Monday with a rack here but I’m curious if this has been seen or not. If there is a deep clear I can do like a 789 clear like the older consoles.

So ponder away and on Monday I’ll take some pictures of what it was doing if I can recreate it or not.

So got a call that a sensor dimmer rack CEM was “geeking out” their words not mine. So I had time to kill cause it’s Friday. So I drove out to the show site and the CEM was indeed artifacting on the screen. I held the reset button down for 10 seconds and got the normal startup screen to flash. Then the dimmer modules started flashing and boom CEM went back to doing the same thing.

I’m gonna test it on Monday with a rack here but I’m curious if this has been seen or not. If there is a deep clear I can do like a 789 clear like the older consoles.

So ponder away and on Monday I’ll take some pictures of what it was doing if I can recreate it or not.
@Amiers Why aren't you phoning the ever patient and Oh so helpful 24 / 7 / 365 ETC tech' support line and chatting up Kirk Starks or one of their great ladies???
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

There's a known issue related to this.

Are there actual problems with the dimming system or is the only symptom that the display goes wingdings on you?

It’s Friday Ron I’m not gonna bug them.

And yeah Mike just the wingdings so the LD just called in to the shop for a spare brain.

I did pull the brain out and pop it back in but that didn’t fix it. Maybe I’ll reseat the lcd display on Monday.

It’s Friday Ron, I’m not gonna bug them...
@Amiers Are you worried they'll be too busy solving Friday afternoon panics or too bored and you don't want to wake them or disturb their coffees and ice cream?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Neither. Friday mean go the fark home so at 430 when I got back to the shop I went home.

So......

Popped the brain in a different rack at the shop and works like new.

Any ideas why a brain would work on one rack and not another.

Bad Power?
Bad Data?

F499F400-BF8F-4E06-815E-77972C4CC7F3.jpeg
E246AC41-91B2-4E77-B3BE-50A7F0DA0701.jpeg

Update....

After about 2 ish hours it does show an airflow problem.

But the screen stays the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back