Setting up multi-zone home ceiling speakers

headoned

So iv been given the task of setting up 6 ceiling speakers in my friends house. we wants to have two seperate zones and be able to select sources and outputs from his phone and PC. what is the best way of doing this? I was thinking getting 6 low impedence speakers and runing them off a suitably matched amplifier with two stereo outputs but then i would need some way of routing the to the two outputs remotely.

one possible soloution is to have some form of digital mixer or an amplifier with some form of networking capability..

any other ideas welcome!

There are a number of residential audio and home theater forums that might be better able to address your question. You might also want to provide more information such as if the speakers are to be setup as stereo or mono and how many are in each zone (e.g. two left and two right in one zone and one left and one right in the other zone versus three mono in each zone), whether they also want volume control of the zones via the PC or phone, how many and what type of sources are to be supported, the power rating and impedance of the speakers, whether PC and phone mean Mac, iPad and iPhone or PC and Android or Windows, the budget and so on.

Ye I know this isnt an installation strong forum but it was worth an ask anyway.
Well ta the moment the plan is for 4 ceiling speakers in the lounge and 2 in the kitchen. The owner will be running a linux based PC and an android phone as well.
As i havnt bought any of the gear yet the impedence and power rating is still undecided but I want to keep budget down to a minimum if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back