Design Shrinking gobo effect

variable

I was wondering if anyone knew of an instrument or accessory that can project a shrinking image. I have a logo that I'd like to project on a curtain from edge to edge and have it shrink down as much as possible before opening the curtain and fading out. Our projector cannot project a wide enough image and it isn't nearly bright enough.

Thanks in advance.

All I can think of is a moving light with a good zoom range. That might be hard to find. I'm not sure how much (if any) distortion there would be as the image zooms, either.

Have you considered a DMX iris? This won't give you the exact effect you're looking for, but it might be the best compromise.

So, I'm taking it that the "zoom" I see in most moving light fixtures is not actually moving lenses, but some sort of iris effect.

Some, maybe, but not most. I deal primarily with Martins, but just about every profile they make above the Mac 350 Entour has a zoom - Most have irises as well. Some of their smaller fixtures also have a zoom, but I doubt you'll get the intensity and brightness you'd want. Also, moving light gobos are often quite small, so you may have issues getting the quality or resolution desired, and that's totally leaving aside range of zoom, and focus issues -as- the fixture zooms.

I really do think the previous suggestion of getting a rental projector would be the best route to follow, if budget allows. And I hate steering people towards video. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back