Shure boundary microphone

I've seen a couple similar to that one that were designed to function as conference room mic's (screwed into the middle of the table) and other types of surveillance mics of a clandestine nature. They look like decorations or knobs or whatever and can be installed in walls or ceilings. Never thought to build a boundary mic into the set though, it's an interesting thought if you can find a spot that won't get much surface noise.

EDIT-

This was the one I've encountered- AKG PZM10 Miniature Security Microphone (White) | Performance Audio

Those kinds of mics are typically used for commercial installs for conference rooms and such. I'd be curious to see how they would perform in a theater. If you're interested, I have a Audio-Technica ES945 that I'm selling over in the classifieds for pretty cheap.

Seems like a good idea but, when the set changes and you have to uninstall and re-install repeatedly that may cause problems. If your not building it into the set then you will need to build some sort of housing for it so, it can stand up or point horizontally....etc. seems like a lot of work when you can just as easily hide a regular hand held mic in the set somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back