Wireless Shure TA4 to Senn. 3.5mm adapter???

DiscoBoxer

Does anyone know of an adapter to convert the Shure TA4F to Sennheiser 3.5mm (male) locking TRS?

Most of our wireless systems are Shure brand. We recently picked up 4 Sennheiser units. I have lavalier and headset mics for both units, but because we have always used Shure in the past, I have a lot more mics with TA4F connectors.

Most of our headsets are CountryMan E6 and a couple DPA models. I know I can buy different cables for both headset brands to adapt but they are about $60 a piece, so I am snooping the adapter market without any luck.

Any suggestions, thanks!
Disco :neutral:

If you can afford DPA, you can afford the right adapters. :) For your DPA mics, you should be able to get microdot to 3.5mm connectors, and for the E6's I suggest stocking the appropriate cables to 3.5mm. Best to have the right cables for the job, and order an extra or two while you're at it.

Not wanting to change the actual connectors on the headset units via hardline rewire. Want them to be interchangeable between our Shure and Senn systems.

Outside of swapping the cables on the headsets at $60/piece, does anyone know of an adapter available?

I have a hard time believing that one does not exist, since I would expect many others to have varying wireless systems and facing the same issue. So far it appears to be the case. :(

Not wanting to change the actual connectors on the headset units via hardline rewire. Want them to be interchangeable between our Shure and Senn systems.

Outside of swapping the cables on the headsets at $60/piece, does anyone know of an adapter available?

I have a hard time believing that one does not exist, since I would expect many others to have varying wireless systems and facing the same issue. So far it appears to be the case. :(

Note that your DPA units let you do *exactly* this. Their cables end in microdot and you can attach whatever adaptor you need. The E6's will need new cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back