Silhouettes?

So I am primarily a Stage Manager who also works at a convention center as a electrician, at this convention center, my ME went on permanent vacation and I inherited his job. I was just given the rider for my first job, which is on the 26th. As I am reading the rider it comes to my attention that we are supplying almost all of the lights for this event. Almost all of the lighting instruments that we own are at least 10 years old (some of them I am sure are from the 80's) and are only used 3 or 4 times a month for weddings. Most of the tours/concerts/events that we get in bring all their own equipment. The rider comes complete with a channel hookup and a light plot, what we need to supply is
25 s4 10deg
4 s4 19deg
12 s4 50deg
42 s4 PAR
Our inventory includes
6 s4 10deg
18 s4 19deg
12 s4 26deg
12 s4 PAR
38 silhouette 1K (from the 80's I'm pretty sure)
24 DJ lights​
I have know idea if I am able to set this event I know I have enough 19degs and move the placement of some of the lights to get what they need, but I have never worked with silhouettes before and don't know if they are comparable to something. Please help, I am in way over my head.

First off: Welcome to the Booth. Please stop by the New Members forum and introduce yourself.

Now to your question. The best thing you can do is contact the show coming in and tell them exactly what you just said here.

From my touring experience anytime the house guessed that something would work for us they where wrong and it was a big pain in the butt. On the other hand most of the time when they decided they had to rent something to accommodate us they spent money unnecessarily. It wouldn't be a bad idea to include pictures of the Silhouette's and the "DJ Lights." You may not know exactly what they are, but the ME on the show might.

Really, it's always smart to contact the show if you see big differences like what you have in Source 4 10 degree's and PAR's. It may seem like unnecessary extra work, but if the show turns around and says "No that won't work, go rent something" then people at a much higher pay grade can argue about who is going to pay for that rental before the show gets to your venue. Trust me it's not an argument you want to be a part of, especially last minute while the show's trying to load in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back