The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Slash Line (noun)?

Discussion in 'Question of the Day' started by derekleffew, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JChenault

JChenault Well-Known Member

IMG_0049.JPG In the belief that every kitchen needs a theme, and we like trompe loiel this is our kitchen art. The rope is real. The knife painted.

seanandkate, venuetech and JohnD like this.
  2. BillConnerFASTC

BillConnerFASTC Well-Known Member Premium Member

Theatre Consultant
    [​IMG]

3. teqniqal

teqniqal Active Member

Theatre Consultant
    Well, if you are talking about the Fire Curtain Perimeter Release Line that is to be 'slashed' to release the Fire Curtain, I've found that most of them have all had the cut knife removed ("to keep the children from hurting themselves") and sometimes it is replaced with a big wire cutter ('dikes', small bolt cutters) or a dull hack-saw blade (so you can burn-to death-while sawing the rope in two). Modern Fire Curtain release systems just anchor the end of the perimeter rope to a ring and it is released by manually pulling it off of a pin on the wall, or by pulling a hitch-pin out of a bracket that holds the ring.

Another answer might relate to a horror play script where the attacker yells " I'm gonna cut yur scurvy hide into little pieces and feed ya to the fishes!" - That would be a 'slasher line'.

Or any lyric from the songs of the many bands names 'Slasher' . . .

RonHebbard likes this.
  4. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

5. Daniel Yannantuono

Daniel Yannantuono Member

You would find it going through all of the expensive items on your wish list of purchases

derekleffew and RonHebbard like this.
  6. venuetech

venuetech Well-Known Member

aud man out
    When I proposed the question I had no intention of " inventing" a new term. Slash line was simply the term I was taught. Clearly a few other members had a very good idea just what was meant by it. Search engines are a great tool for finding terms but they are only as good as their spiders make them. Cut line or slash line that method of triggering the (asbestos) fire curtain is long gone. In today's world it is likely best that a slash line belongs to the costume shop.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017