Control/Dimming SlimPAR DMXing Issues

flybydave

I have just installed 17 Chauvet 56 SlimPAR Pro's and connected to our new Zero88 OrbXF Lighting Console.

The fixtures are daisy chained using the standard 3 pin cable in one continuous string, running through a stage box and directly into Universe 3 on the back of the desk.

I've updated the fixture list in the desk and used the Patch Wizard function. As the OrbXF comes with 240 channels pre-patched i've numbered the fixtures starting at 250 (250-266). As there are no other DMX fixtures in Universe 3 the first DMX address is 1. The lights are configured in 10ch mode so the DMX addresses are showing on the console as 1....11.....21....etc etc which i what you would expect.

However......When I type in the syntax 250@Full, all LED's ramp to full. Am I being stupid in thinking that i should be able to individually control all 17 lights as individual fixtures? When i type the syntax 251@FULL nothing happens.

Do I need to climb the tallescope 17 times to individually enter the DMX addresses on the fixtures or am I missing a trick that will see less time consumed.

I am new to LED fixtures and i'm actually very impressed with how punchy these little lights are but i'm a little miffed at these teething problems.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

After a quick look at the specs these fixtures don't appear to support RDM so the only way to set their address is at the fixture. If they were put in the air with their addresses defaulted to 1 then you will have to use the lift 16 times to give them all unique addresses.
At the moment they all appear to share a common address.

Yep, most if any chauvet fixtures(most fixtures in general) do not support remote addressing, I'd also be surprised if a zero88 console had RDM; Does it? I've only ever used the frog series.

Anyway, make sure to address each light individually. The slimPar line is pretty great bang-for-the buck, if you like the slimpar 56, the slimparPro Quad will blow your socks off.

Many Thanks Guys,

I was kind of expecting that i'd have to address each light but wasn't sure whether there was any easy way. I still have another 13 to install so I'll be sure to address them at install.

Happy New Year everybody!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back