SLX Receiver Flashing and Outputting Extreme Distorted Signal

Hey Guys 2 out of 3 of my SLX 4 (L4 Band) Receivers have started flashing and outputting distorted signal as soon as the mic they are paired to is turned on they all run through a Shure UA844SWB RF Distributor to get there signal from the tech room of my theatre to two antenans mounted on the stage.

I have no idea what has caused this.

As soon as an SLX transmitter is turned on the receivers display starts flashing and the level meter stars going crazy as shown in the embedded youtube clip. and if I try and output the sound from the desk I just get a very ugly distorted choppy sound through.

There are no Incompatiable or FULL error messages on the TX or RX so I am really lost for what to do.
I have tried different channels resetting the units reseting the RF distro and nothing is working

I really need these two receivers working as they are the main workhorse mics in our space and they are needed for a couple of gigs coming up.

Cheers,
Dane

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Didn't we have this discussion back in like February and conclude you're on frequencies that are no longer legal to use with the SLXs?

Didn't we have this discussion back in like February and conclude you're on frequencies that are no longer legal to use with the SLXs?
Haha thought someone might pick up on that.
The receivers were swapped with ones from a frequency band that was still legal (P4 to L4) but the problem persists. This means I can probably conclude its the power supply antenna distro, antenna or cabling causing the problem but I thought I would ask again here before getting into the claustrophobic position behind the rack to fiddle with cables.

Hey Ill have a look for you tomorrow Chris, Thanks for your interest.
If I get a chance ill definately try and see if anyone else is using the frequencies. I just find this problem so odd. I cant find any trouble shooting info anywhere that describes the flashing screen and meter, Its a bit odd :/

Thanks

How are these powered?
If independently of the Distro, are you able to try a whip antenna straight on the back of the receiver, taking the whole distribution system out of the mix?

What antennas are on the other end of the coaxes?

Given the display is losing its content, I'd try a different power cable, and possibly bypass the distro completely, but I'd expect an all or nothing for the 4 units connected to it, not a pair acting up.

For RF, grab a copy of Wireless Workbench, and have it verify you're on probably clear channels.

This seems like a power supply issue to me. Try running one transmitter and receiver, with the other receivers turned off. If that works, it indicates the power supply can't provide enough current. Then, replace the "wall wart" for the distributor.

Chances are, if you unplug the wall wart from AC for a few minutes, it will totally expire.

Thanks for the all the help guys,
Bob how would I analyse channels with wirless workbench, I dont believe the SLX system supports connection to the wireless workbench application,

Cheers

Thanks for the all the help guys,
Bob how would I analyse channels with wirless workbench, I dont believe the SLX system supports connection to the wireless workbench application,

Cheers

You would need to manually input them. I tend to just add in my units, and let it find free frequencies for me. I also tend to run the SLX units in masterlist mode to work around known headaches where I am. 16 SLX's spread across (USA) G4, G5, and L4 with a major roadhouse 1 city block away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back