small on stage speaker wire

Hello CB,

today is a question about installing this small CB radio speaker on stage at my venue. the picture attaches is the wire of the one end of it. I have a speaker cable running down from our catwalk to the SL wing but that wire is split and needs to be connect to something (since I tool it off one of our larger speakers.) The speaker cable is your basic positive, negative cable. I just want to know what is the best way to connect the two together. Or is it really as simply as just wrapping the two together and putting some E-tape on it (which im pretty sure is not correct)

speaker wire .jpg

Hello CB,

today is a question about installing this small CB radio speaker on stage at my venue. the picture attaches is the wire of the one end of it. I have a speaker cable running down from our catwalk to the SL wing but that wire is split and needs to be connect to something (since I tool it off one of our larger speakers.) The speaker cable is your basic positive, negative cable. I just want to know what is the best way to connect the two together. Or is it really as simply as just wrapping the two together and putting some E-tape on it (which im pretty sure is not correct)
A butt splice would probably be most appropriate but I'd also be concerned about attaching a small CB type speaker to a line that fed a main speaker. You may have to turn the related amp channel way down to keep from overdriving the speaker and if you do that you may want to be sure to document the level when you start so that you can return it to that setting later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back