Control/Dimming Sorry but this is another Software vs Console Thread

Sam Cash

Sorry to post another "console vs software" thread but I can't find anything close to what i need. I'm looking into buying a control system of some description. Max budget is about $2k AUD. Now what would you guys recommend, Jands Hog 1K (or similar price ranged console of that type) or some kind of Software with Enttec Dongle (leaning more to MPC or buying a Clarity Key and Node) Any recommendations would be a great help. Cheers

What type of shows are you going to be doing? Rock concerts or more theatrical type stuff?

As a proponent of software consoles ( and developer of one ) I believe that if you want to do live music ( IE busking the show ). You need sliders and buttons.

You can always get some wings. Chamsys makes good software and has wings to go along with it. I believe they also have DMX output so you don't need an external interface.

I'm definitely going to make the recommendation for the Martin M-Touch. Fantastic little box. If you need more universes, add a Martin USB-DMX box. Get a nice touchscreen laptop (Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro comes to mind) so that you'll be able to take advantage of the touch functionality of the software. Having a laptop like the Yoga that flips will allow you to transition from using to not using the keyboard - and when not using the keyboard you can have the screen right up close to the M-Touch surface.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back