Sound Cue Trigger Device?

NateTD

I need some suggestions on a particular sound cue trigger device. What I'm looking for would allow two audience members to remotely trigger a "correct" and "incorrect" sound effect much like a game show. It would need to operate like Instant Replay so that the audience members can control the action onstage. The closest I've seen to something that could work is a pair of those Midi doorbells that you can download MP3s onto. Then, just set them side by side next to an open mic in the control booth so they can play through the main system. However, I don't know what kind of lag time they may have, or if the signals would interfere with each other, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Most show control audio playback devices, such as Alcorn McBride Digital Audio Machine Features, can be triggered via switch closures. If using a computer for playback, there are switch closure-to-MIDI devices available. (The only one I know of is the RSD MMC-16, but I'm sure there are others.)

Then use a garage door opener, or something from the RC toy industry, to wirelessly generate the switch closure.

There are a number of pro devices made for radio broadcast use that have parallel remote control connectors on them. They include CD players and flash recorders. Check out brands like Tascam, Denon, and Marantz Professional, Numark, and 360 Systems.

The parallel remote would take a simple contact closure to trigger the audio start. Another feature that would accomplish the same thing is called "fader start."

Thank you to everyone for the great suggestions! I will further investigate each one. Being my first posting on the site, I have to say I'm very pleased at the responses. Once again, thank you all for chiming in!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back