Sound Test

dannyn

A while back, there was a link on here for a sound test. It was 59 tracks long and was posted by one of the members here. It had a wide variety of test, from left to right channels to music, to tones at differnt frequencies, it had it all. I can not seem to find this again on the internet and I was hoping someone, or the member who posted that, would be willing to help me find it again. I would greatly appreciate that.
Thanks a ton.

This CD is a great tool. I use this on a regular basis. It may sound a little nerdy, but I have all these tracks on my MP3 Player. Comes in very handy.

This CD is a great tool. I use this on a regular basis. It may sound a little nerdy, but I have all these tracks on my MP3 Player. Comes in very handy.

Just be careful in the way you interpret the results that produces. MP3 codecs are lossy, particularly towards the higher end of the spectrum and so your end results will be affected by those artefacts...

Just be careful in the way you interpret the results that produces. MP3 codecs are lossy, particularly towards the higher end of the spectrum and so your end results will be affected by those artefacts...

I am well aware of this, but it is a good point to bring up. I don't use it for hard-fast level setting...but its great for a line check application.

I am well aware of this, but it is a good point to bring up. I don't use it for hard-fast level setting...but its great for a line check application.

Sure for a basic line check it's fine, most things are, but I would not like to consider the codec for one and MOST DEFINITELY the player to have a linear frequency response and so for example the log sweep (track 6) may not give the accurate results it might otherwise.

I actually loaded the CD on my old mp3 player which had just enough room for all the .wav files(It's a Creative Zen, so it plays pretty much any file format). Set the eq's to flat. Ran it directly through an RTA to calibrate it, and now it lives in my gig bag.

Glad that was the one you wanted.

I also use Bink's CD and was more recently turned on to one from Void Audio (actually, two of them).

One has band limited pink noise and sweeps and the other is the usual sine wave type. The links below are direct downloads from the site.

Sine Waves CD

Pink Noise CD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back