Source for Pipe in Washington DC

disc2slick

Hey Guys,

I'm doing a show in early november down in DC that requires a bunch of unpainted, unthreaded 1 1/2" pipe (37 10' pieces). I'd be open to either renting or purchasing, though I'd prefer to rent (so I don't have to deal with it after the show), I'd also need cheeseboros, couplers etc. Any recommendations?

Thanks gang!

Check our collaborative article for dealers CB members have recommended in that area.

Controlbooth's @BillESC has a company in Virginia and can probably help you send him a private message.

As for Pipe here in Seattle I've found it to be cheaper at a plumbing supply store than a theater store. Don't call Home Depot, you want the local dealer that the plumbers go to. Find a DC area plumber in the phone book, call and ask where the best deals on pipe are.

For a metal supplier, I'd look at Potomac Steel and Supply in Springfield, VA, just 20 minutes outside the beltway. They can handle sticks no problem. For rentals, look at Atmosphere Lighting in Maryland or Par Lights, Inc, also in Maryland. 4Wall just opened a new warehouse in this area- they'd be a good resource. DC does have a Barbizon dealer- they are also handy in a pinch to ask questions for suppliers (They'd also be happy to sell you whatever pipe and couplers you need, but if you prefer to rent.....But I love being able to go to a physical store to pick up gel.)

For a rental. with that kind of volume, I'd say 4 Wall is going to be the best bet. 37 ten footers is going to put a strain on any inventory, but this is big outfit here. Mark Conners runs rentals @ 4 Wall DC (which is actually in Columbia, MD).

I work at a rental and install company in Chantilly, VA. We only have 27 10' pipe for rental, but I will say that when we purchase pipe for installs we go through Posner.

Hey Guys,
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll look into all these places as soon as I get some down time tomorrow!

Here's a wacky idea: find a theatre or even lighting vendor that has the burgers and other parts you need and offer to give them the pipe after the event in exchange for the rental. Maybe start with @Sean at DC Shakespeare I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Here's a wacky idea: find a theatre or even lighting vendor that has the burgers and other parts you need and offer to give them the pipe after the event in exchange for the rental. Maybe start with @Sean at DC Shakespeare I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sure, my number is: 202.547.3230 x3522.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back