Conventional Fixtures Source Four lens tube dimensions?

brozeph20

Just a quick question... does anyone know what the dimensions of a source four 19/26/36 degree lens are. I am planning on building shelves for the extra ones our venue has tomorrow but I don't have the proper measurements. I know the lens front is 6.8" square, but I am looking for the overall height of one. If anyone knows or is near one and can find out, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Just a quick question... does anyone know what the dimensions of a source four 19/26/36 degree lens are. I am planning on building shelves for the extra ones our venue has tomorrow but I don't have the proper measurements. I know the lens front is 6.8" square, but I am looking for the overall height of one. If anyone knows or is near one and can find out, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Assuming that you are talking about the lens tube and not the lenses themselves, this datasheet for the EDLT (Enhanced Definition Lens Tube) might be helpful. The lens tube dimensions didn't change between standard and enhanced definiton, just the type and placement of the lenses within the tube. Dimensions are on page 4

View attachment S4_EDLT_vA[1].pdf

As long as we're here, starksk , why not list the dimensions (diameter and approx. thickness only [focal length is likely proprietary information. EDIT: maybe not.]) for all Source Four lenses?
S4_Lenses.jpg
For extra points, include 5°, 10°, 14°, 70°, 90°; and lenses for S4-jr 26°, 36°, and 50°.
(But you don't have to do the zooms, since I don't like them. ;) )

Last edited:
As long as we're here, starksk , why not list the dimensions (diameter and approx. thickness only [focal length is likely proprietary information. EDIT: maybe not.]) for all Source Four lenses?

All Source Four lenses are marked with color coded dots to signify where they need to be installed. (See Derek's attachment above)

Listing specific dimensions gets pretty close to the area of proprietary and confidential information as it could be read as a prescription to recreate the optics of the unit.

The reason the focal lengths are listed is to account for accurate gobo projection and those lengths aren't always just one lens, but the combination of the lenses to form the final length and image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back