Conventional Fixtures Source Four PAR EA or MCM

timstytle

Good Afternoon all, I have recently acquired a couple used Source Four PARs. When received them, I was under the impression they were the MCM (575 Max) model, Upon close inspection the yoke labels are for the EA (750 max) model, but the Burner Caps do not have an opening for the alignment pin on the 750 lamp. I wouldn't doubt for one minute that Yoke or Burner Cap are not originals to the fixture. Is there any way to tell which Reflector is actually in these fixtures?

I've used both and I think both the parnel and ea have black painted fins on the reflector rear while every mcm I've handled has unfinished bare metal fins on the rear

It's been too long (6 months) since I had to move my ea units around so memory might be as fuzzy as sheet of r101

The early EA pars came with 575 lamp caps. For about $20 you can buy the parts to get the 575 caps to take a 750 lamp.

Thanks for the replies, I think @techieman33 hit the nail on the head, these are probably early units that shipped with the 575 caps, the date stickers are long gone. @BobHealey Ive never used MCMs before so I didn't know their fins are unfinished, that explains why the MCM replacements on ETC's site are unfinished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back