SPL Color Alarms in Smaart 7

jdsilverm

Hey everyone. We are currently demo-ing the latest version of the Smaart Software by Rational Acoustics. It is version 7.3, and it is amazing. HOWEVER, I was wondering if anyone had any information on color alarms for the SPL meter in the top right-hand corner. I know that feature was available on previous versions of Smaart (and SmaartLive), but I can't seem to find any information on SPL alarm colors in the current version. I have tried every document resource RA provides and online sources. Does anyone have any info? THANKS in advance!

Jeremy

I have not used 7.3 much yet but I don't see where it discusses the SPL/LEQ display changing colors based on the level or where you would set the levels if it did so. Have you contacted Rational or tried posting your question the forum Rational Acoustics Forums? They are usually very good at answering questions and if it is not there then it may be something they would consider for future releases.

Hey museav, thanks for the reply. Yes, I contacted Rational Acoustics. I will consider this post closed! Here was there reply:

Hi Jeremy,

The version that you saw with the SPL alarms was actually SmaartLive 5. Unfortunately, Smaart 7 does not support SPL alarms but it will eventually be added in a future maintenance release.

Sorry for the inconvenience, if you have anymore questions regarding Smaart please let me know!

Best regards,

John Aldrich
Rational Acoustics
tel: (+1) 860 928-7828
e-mail: [email protected]
www.rationalacoustics.com

From talking with Jamie Anderson, what they tried to do with Version 7 was create a flexible platform that could support all sorts of future enhancements and I know they have a long list of suggestions for them. Their challenge is that Smaart as well as SysTune, Praxis, etc., really have a somewhat limited market so they can't afford a huge support and development staff, however the upside to that is that the people doing the programming are very 'hands on' with the use, support, training and so on thus they are pretty in touch with what most people need or want and really do try to listen what the people using it say.

I've gotten the impression, although it may just be wishful thinking, that Version 7.4 may increase some of the functionality related to room acoustics, something I and many others have been pushing for since the Smaart AcousticTools add-on disappeared some years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back