Strand Vision Net Work light issues

Ahhhh, thank you!
@urban79 Make note of @Ron Foley 's name for future reference. On Control Booth, leaving a couple of blank spaces followed by the @ symbol followed by Ron's name should cause Control Booth to offer to complete the typing of Ron's name allowing you to accept his name as correct and send a CB Alert to Ron's computer by simply hitting "Return". Thus the next time Ron logs in to CB your plight is immediately called to his attention.
What's magic about a guy in Guelph, Ontario, Canada and why would you ever want his attention (I can hear you logically asking)
Ron worked in Strand Canada's manufacturing shop several decades ago on Viscount Drive in the vicinity of Toronto's Malton international airport where ALL of Strand's products were manufactured and warehoused for sales, maintenance, commissioning and servicing Canada wide. While working in Malton, Ron began at the bottom, worked in metal and electronic fabrication, moved laterally into servicing, then out into commissioning and was servicing ALL Strand memory systems in all of eastern Canada. When Strand International chose to suspend all Canadian operations, Ron had left Strand's direct employment and was operating his own thriving fledgling business basically out of his residence and garage in Guelph, Ontario. One day, on extremely short notice, Ron received insider knowledge of Strand International's intentions to abandon their entire Canadian operation, turn off the lights, close the doors and walk away. At this point the highly experienced Mr. Foley rented a large truck, rapidly followed by another, and began transferring bending breaks, hydraulic metal presses, drill presses, parts, construction / installation / operation and end user manuals (basically the whole kit 'n caboodle) to leased warehouse space in Guelph, Ontario. Ron's business venture has continued to thrive and expand with his enterprise having moved at least twice to ever larger spaces over the intervening decades since he (effectively) became the last remaining bastion of Strand International's former glory here within Canada.
I can feel the wrath of God about to rain down on me as I'm typing but I've posted of this here before on Control Booth and also on the ProSound LAB. I've snugged up my Kevlar undies and somehow managed to survive [ Although possibly this accounts for my unexpected min-stroke inoperably deep within my skull robbing me of my vision while sleeping with zero pain to alert me to my present condition upon waking thinking I was going to walk my normal path to the washroom to relieve myself prior to returning to bed. Oh silly me. ]
@urban79 Hopefully the foregoing suffices to explain how and why you most conveniently contact @Ron Foley anytime you could benefit from his services. I'm aware other valuable / knowledgeable folks affiliated with Strand exist in several places between Donald's northern and southern walls but @Ron Foley is the only one I can recall actually meeting on many occasions. @Ron Foley 's a veritable treasure trove of knowledge, parts, modules, finished products and MANUALS. Keep him in mind whenever you feel the need.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard [Who neither is, nor ever has been, a Strand employee although the first Strand board I operated was an 8 plate, grey metallic enclosed, resistance board imported from Strand, England in the 1940's or 50's with my first Strand memory board being one of the few Strand system IDMQ (Instant Dimmer Memory Cue) systems in Canada installed in Hamilton, Ontario in 1973.
Thanks @urban79 for the jaunt down memory lane. [No pun on "memory" intended]
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
Gonna have to add Foley to your "welcome's" in your sig now, Hebbard. :)
@Jay Ashworth I've just tried to do that but can't find my way back to alter it; to read it yes, to edit it, no.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Click the little man and click signature.

8A80CF84-51EF-4105-9AAF-009B7158C6B4.png

2E7AFAEA-D2EE-4AB0-9EFB-F14BB7A38715.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back