TD Needed Whitewater Wisconsin

JJBerman

Hey all,
Just wanted to inform the public that the University of Wisconsin Whitewater is looking for a new Technical Director at their Young Auditorium Road House. The previous TD retired August 1st, in the interim a part time TD will be hired as well as 3 student techs(myself included) are keeping things running.

The official web posting is here;
https://my.uww.edu/employment/jobs/Tech Dir.html

Any questions let me know.

(I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this)

Last edited:
Just gonna throw this in here...

Whoever gets this position is going to be spoiled by the efforts of the former TD. In the last several years's he's had a new PA system put in (tuned personally by Ralph Heinz of Renkus-Heinz), and bought all new sound consoles, a new lighting console, and some 40 or so ETC Selador fixtures. This facility is very well-equipped and has been excellently maintained. Adjacent to the academic arts building, which has just seen a substantial face lift to its two performance spaces.

More importantly, the student and faculty here are very loving. It's a very dedicated group of people involved with this facility and the arts complex its attached to. Dave, the former TD, has also built for Young Auditorium a robust network of connections with other groups in the area and under his management, his largely-student crews have an excellent reputation with the regional touring acts as being one of the best stops on their tours.

I highly recommend anyone out there looking for work as a technical director of a roadhouse give some consideration to this position and the community that comes with it.

Aside from Joe (@JJBerman), feel free to hit me up with questions as well. I'm not as informed as he will be about the particulars of the position, but I can speak a bit about how the facility has operated in the past.

Full disclosure: my experience with this venue is as a student through this school's theater program, as a stagehand working within in this facility, and as a consultant helping design the latest round of sound system improvements. This is where my current employer snagged me from, and who my current employer would like to continue tapping into for summer/winter interns. Something in the local water supply must make this a great place to pull theater people from.

Last edited:
I agree with MNicolai if I didn't have a great job, I would be knocking on that door! It's a great space, and a nice location... And I think you get summers off.... Loved working in that place!

Summers have some dance recitals and small events. Usually you can have a week or two here and there. This summer we had one less recital and the TD took a month off. On the vacation idea, usually there is around 3 weeks of nothing going on during winter break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back