Techie sayings

LordFred said:
Our usual phrase that we start and end most shows with is "No blood, no fire, good show."

I hate children. I'm noticing that more children are becoming less afraid of adults these days.

Dale, no one can really hate children as you claim to. Everyone was a child once, and if you weren't, I'd be very interested in how you got here today. Although we might not always like kids at times, especially when having to work with them on a show, kids truly are a blessing.

Foxinabox10 said:
Dale, no one can really hate children as you claim to. Everyone was a child once, and if you weren't, I'd be very interested in how you got here today.

On the other hand being easily annoyed by them is very possible especially when they are left alone with fake weapons!!!

Clasics from the BHS production of susical the musical

- you all remember what circit Breakers the rental dimer packs are on
right

- every one got ther fire extingiser ready

- if the actors kick the ground row over again im going to nead some
bodey bags

- aney one spot the fire marshall in the crowed tonight?

- how maney over capacity did you say?

- whers my maglight we gust blew the main Breakers for this side of the
school

I am constantly reminding crew that if the set isn't on its spikes, Peter Pan WON'T fly. Unfortunately, it hasn't been too effective, fortunately all but 1 of the big scene changes have their own intermission so I can fix it.

I plan on revealing the statistic that it is possible to die falling from as little as 5 feet during strike to all the people involved in flying.

There was an entire episode of South Park about how people swear too much. They based it on the story that "curse words" are "cursED words" that when said too much resease monsters. At the end they basically said exactly what Ship said, overusage takes away from the effect.

Alright, stuff said during Pan:

"It was Ryan."

"It's good to go!" -said by me after checking off a scene change.

"If we ever did this scene change the same way twice the world would cease to exist as we know it."

"It's the actor's fault."

"If they don't want to shut up so I can do a mic check, the show can just suck tonight."

"Dude, these mic pouches are just dripping! [Are you gonna wash them?] Where did I put the Febreeze?"

"What's going on???"

"All the dry ice is gone. [But we just got twenty pounds of it yesterday!!!] Yeah but it's gone." (BTW each show we use just a small chunk for the entire night)

"We're having the party after strike, when do they usually end? [Wednesday.] Ok well the actors will maybe be done around 7 Sunday, can you maybe stop by the party?"

"How much longer till we're done."

"If they don't want to shut up so I can do a mic check, the show can just suck tonight."

That sounds very familliar... Oh wait, I think I say that every show!

Said to me by a sound guy I had the displeasure of working with once:

Me: Aren't you going to do a sound check?

Sound check? What do you think the first three songs are?

One I like to use is "If chat too much in the headsets, I'm going to unplug your's and stick it in the light socket".

I also liked "No blood, no foul... No foul, no fun"

I also heard our sound guy say this to a freshman last year...

"If you don't shut the h*ll up, I'm going to show you why a screwdriver is considered a weapon in this school"

when my TD was in college him and his buddies used to sing this

*to "its a hard knock life"*

"no one cares about you or speck when you're majoring in tech"

ship said:
I personly don't factor in having script edit my words.

Anyone ever read Farenheit 451?
(sorry this is old topic stuff)

I would just like to agree that swearing should be resurved for those really important moments (like when teh 40 pound weight falls on your foot) if used to often f**k just becomes a meaningless work

As far as techie sayings i like to comment to others that i get paid twice as them but the get paid twice as much as me.

(now how does that work...think about it.)

just an overall resoures when it comes to describing sensoship. (ironicly when it was first published the editors omitted some offensive words, effectively censoring a book about the dangers of censor ship.)

Yeah. Generally I don't cuss too much, but, sometimes I get pissed off and it comes out, like the day I posted in this thread.

I think that everyone should read Farenheit 451, we could learn something from it.

come to think of it, that would be a very cool story t adapt for the stage. it would give us techies a nightamre to deal with, the mechanical hound, the "parlor walls" (maybe digital lighting?), the six different settings........

not to mention the firefighters whenever they find books...

btw, cool name, isn't it?
|
|
\ /

In lighting at my theater we usually get started by someone always saying:

"Lets light this candle"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back