Techie sayings

well its not really preshow announcements or pep talks, but ill post it anyway.
and these are both from the last show
actor as HE walks off stage before i mute his mic "i have a three foot wide V*gina" and this went out to the audience lol
over the walkie talkie : " oh crap amanda is bleeding, alex hit her in the nose during the last scene tell them to stall till she gets cleaned up"

ya, during a rental, the main girl walked off stage and before she was unmuted we heard loud and clear..."man i gotta piss like a racehorse!"

we almost died laughing!

thats the funniest thing to happen (but sometimes worst!)

its especially fun to turn on the actors lavalier mics during dinner break.

we get in on some interesting convos.

fantastic

this came over the head set opening night of my first show as a SM, from my ASM, "the entire crew isn't feeling good right now" well i had a bunch of freshman, and sophmores, so i just thought it was nerves, i let it go, 20 minutes later, "kate, just got sick and is throwing up in the scene shop", i was like damn, oh well, lets move on, send her home if she feels up to it, 30 min later, "the entire crew is throwing up backstage, but don't worry, i'm timing my vomiting between cues, so don't worry, i'll take care of everything." what, i was starting to flip out at this point, and was about to send the lightboard op back to help at intermission, but she insisted that everything was fine, and she had it undercontrol, so i let it go at that, and it all worked out, it was one crazy night. My ASM was so sick and exausted by the end of the show she couldn't move, i had to carry her to my car and take her home, she couldn't even walk, it was bad. But she showed up the next day, and so did everyone else they were all fine. It was a very weird thing, none of the cast got sick, and we were thinking food poisoning, but no one ate the same things, it's still a mystery what happened. Into the Woods, is a cursed show, i don't care what anyone says, i won't get near it again.

My two favorite phrases (from my least favorite director):

"EVERYBODY PANIC! NOBODY RELAX!"

(to crew, during tech-in)
"Maaaaake it SUCK less!"

Oh, no, she di'n't.

RelativeMischief said:
Overheard conversation between stage manager and light tech, "I told you NOT to "GO"!"
"YOU SAID GO, I DON'T HEAR ANYTHING EXCEPT GO. And when I do, I press the little button that says 'Go'".
"But you weren't supposed to!"
"Then you have a problem don't you?"

haha that is pretty much word for word what happen between me and my sm for our fall play....

MagliteL13 said:
My favorite saying has to be "If force doesn't work, you're not using enough." ---and that's coming from a sound guy.

The sound kid at my school uses that too. ^^ Albeit, he also does some set building on the side, but same principle. ;)

Lisa

Sometimes antipathics work to:
SM to LE (over headsets):
"Johan, if you forget to light this next scene, I'l kiss you for it!"

This is not really a saying but a good idea for mics that die and wont work any more...turn them into key chains I did with our dead talk-back mic.

I was recently told that I would have my fingers cut off if I screwed up!

Here's my new favority threat: "Touch your right leg. It won't be there tomorrow."

A really good pickup line I felt I should share: "If you ever get mauled by bears, I hope they stay away from your face; because I think you're cute!"

oh so were doing pickup lines now???
ok lets see... go to www.linesthataregood.com

guy: how heavy is a polar bear?
girl: i dont know
guy: just heavy enough to break the ice

hi do you f*ck people you dont know?
no
hi im matt

oh i forgot the best one

Wanted:
A tall well-built woman with good
reputation, who can cook frogs
legs, who appreciates a good fuc-
schia garden, classic music and tal-
king without getting too serious.

Interested? Then please only read
lines 1, 3 and 5; still interested?
Call me

well ill add one. ok during our musical the girl i liked and is a good friend i decided i was just going to say pickup lines to her everyday. a few i remember were "do you wash your pants with windex? because i can see myself in them" well i said a few umm dirtier ones but i dont think everyone one would appreciate them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back