Microphones Telescoping Mounted Mic Stand

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
So, I've been working on a project to build my own 8U toolbox / roadcase and I've wanted to be able to add a special feature to the case. I want to have a mic stand mounted at the top of the case that telescopes out of the case in at least 2 sections (so it's now triple the height of the box itself).

Anybody know of an existing product that does something like this? I want to have my roadcase beside my X32 on Sunday mornings and I want to be able to mount my RTA mic on the stand.

I'm not sure how high you want the total thing to end up, but you probably want your Reference Mic to sit at head height, if a little higher. I do a similar thing on touring RF Racks for quick and dirty antenna positions -- however usually my racks float in a shock mount case, so I cut a little bit out of the foam and I flush mount an Atlas AD-12 5/8" flange, and throw an OnStage QK2B Quick Release adapter on to it. In the lid of the rack I travel a 10" Mic Stand Extender attached to a regular microphone stand boom arm.

It sounds clunkier than it is, but saves a few minutes every day I have to use it, plus I know all the bits I need are right there and all on a quick release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back