Trackspot lighting issue

Hello all, I am new to the sight. Also new to lighting. We have 4 Trackspot lights that we are trying to get to work together. The model is QT and we have run the test mode according tto the manual and they all passed that. We have a Leprecon LP-X48 board we are using. When we hook them up indiviually the light works and we can program it. but when we try to hook them all together like daisy chain them the other work sporadically and have a mind of thier own. Do you know what would cause this. is there a special way to hook them all togetther to get them to work? I am sure you will have some technical questions for me or us and will try to answer best I can. Just a little background this equipment is our church's and none of us have much experience with this. The person that knew it is not here anymore and we want to use for our Easter drama this year. Thanks Greg.

Have you changed the DIP switch settings when you daisy chain them? I'm not too familiar with the Trackspot, but I do have a set of eight Intellabeams which are the "big brother" to the TS. I could be wrong, but I think the fixture needs to be 'told' what the configuration of the system is (whether or not it is talking to other fixtures, etc). Do you have a manual handy?

Last edited:
Can you post your DIP SWITCH settings? Both ADDRESS & PERSONALITY.
What type of cables are you using, mic cable or data?
If the fixture runs thru the self test then the issue is either outside the fixture or it might be the chip that talks to the outside world (transceiver chip).
I've seen sporadic behavior when pins 2&3 are swapped. Either they don’t work or they twitch.
Check that all the PERSONALITY switches match & the addresses are off by 7.
The TRACKSPOT uses 7 channels. So address something like 1, 8, 15, 22,
Over lapping addressing may be the issue.

I am posting pic of the settings. Hope it works. I will find out about the type of cables sunday and post them. I think the cables might be a network cable though.
20130113_193335xx.jpg20130113_193335x.jpg20130113_193417x.jpg

You will need a DMX terminator at the end of the run. When I put my techno beam in daisy with other DMX fixtures it creates erratic flicks until I add the terminator. This may solve your issue. If not make sure you don't have overlap on your addresses and that the personality for the board is the correct one for the fixture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back