URGENT: Omega Brackets

metti

For various reasons, I have a some Clay Paky Alpha Spot HPE 300s that I am supposed to use on a show Monday that don't have their omega brackets with them. They were shipped in from Texas and I am skeptical that the brackets will arrive in time. I am looking at the pictures and trying to gauge size from that and it appears that the Martin omega brackets that go with the Mac 700-2000 would fit. If this is the case, then I can probably get a few of the brackets from a local rental house but I don't want to waste their time if this is not the case. I was looking at the Elation Design Spot575E manual since I could likely get their omega bracket too and it looks like it has the same omega bracket as the Martins but, again, I'm not really sure if this is the case. Can anyone specifically confirm or deny that the various companies' omega brackets are interchangeable?

The Elation Platinum Spot 5R and Design Wash LED 60 both work with MAC250 Omega brackets. I would assume that the Design Spot 575 also uses the same bracket, and probably so do all Elation units. I can't speak for the Clay Paky units, however. I use Light Source Mega Folders. If you need them let me know. I'm not very drivable (central Jersey), but if I can help in any way let me know.

Thanks for pointing me towards the Mega-Folder since that answers my question. It looks like TLS lists a different Mega-Folder model for the Clay Paky units than they do for the Martin units, which leads me to believe that they require different Omega Brackets. I think the spacing on the receptacles for the quarter-turn cam-locks might be different between the Martin/Elation gear and the CP models. I would buy CP Mega-Folders if that is what it takes but I am highly skeptical that anyone local companies would have them in stock and be able to get them to me by Monday given the relative obscurity of Clay Paky units in my region. I think I am going to have to fork over $300-500 for a rental just because someone didn't put the stupid brackets in the road case before shipping it out, which is incredibly painful.

I think I am going to have to fork over $300-500 for a rental just because someone didn't put the stupid brackets in the road case before shipping it out, which is incredibly painful.

I hate that for you. I remember when I first bought my MAC250's and had no clamps. I ended up borrowing some for a while, thankfully a friend had some available. Even that was annoying, so sorry to hear of your fruitless search.

I hate that for you. I remember when I first bought my MAC250's and had no clamps. I ended up borrowing some for a while, thankfully a friend had some available. Even that was annoying, so sorry to hear of your fruitless search.

At least I didn't pay for the Clay Pakys to begin with so I'm not wasting money on them. Hopefully the brackets for the CPs will come before the show goes up and I can just add them in as needed to supplement. In the meantime, it looks like ALPS's emergency weekend phone line is getting a call tomorrow about some Design Spot575Es or Mac700 Spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back