Utility costs

BillConnerFASTC

Anyone have a clue what your utility costs are - elec, gas, oil, water, sewer - for your PAC? Per square foot perhaps? Client asking and I don't really know.

That could vary substantially depending on climate, type of heating and cooling systems, amount of insulation, local utility rates, and so on. A building in Buffalo isn't going to cost the same to run as one in Seattle. It seems to me the only way to get at a meaningful number would be to ask an electrical/mechanical engineering firm to make some calcs based on the specifics.

That could vary substantially depending on climate, type of heating and cooling systems, amount of insulation, local utility rates, and so on. A building in Buffalo isn't going to cost the same to run as one in Seattle. It seems to me the only way to get at a meaningful number would be to ask an electrical/mechanical engineering firm to make some calcs based on the specifics.
@BillConnerFASTC and @FMEng Plus there's the idiot factor , like when a hot-shot summer school student grabs the focus remote and keys in all channels bump to 100% when you've a really big hang in the air and bumps your electrical meter's peak demand pointer for the month to say nothing of shortening the life expectancy of a few hundred FEL's and 2K's. Arrgh! Don't ask me how I know this.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

90k square feet, one stage 550 seats the other around 50, renovated 2010, community theater. We run ~11c/kWH, and around 4 to 5 k per month total electrical. Eastern Iowa. I'm not sure of our gas or water.

I could FIND OUT for the Palace Theatre pretty easy... Did NOT keep that info last I saw it...
For the Grand Theatre, not sure how easily I could find out, especially since we have a brand new building manager who's only been with us since December and he's been BUSY, and don't have personal contact info for the previous guy who I bet could tell you off the top of his head... @RonHebbard have Tim W's personal contact per chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back