Career Advice Vans warped tour

Jonice

Does anyone know where exactly to apply for positions with Vans Warped tour? The website doesnt seem to have an area for techies. Thank you.

The industry doesn't work like that. Vans will have hired a major production company who will provide the crew from their staff. Depending on the size of the tour, they will add local crew when they get to a city. This local crew will first of all be people who already work for the venue. If they need more crew beyond that they will probably call the union office to add extra crew.

If you really want to work for the Vans Warped tour all you have to do is show up at the Venue and say, " Dude, I think shredding is cool, can I like, do some stuff for you and stuff?" And they'll say," Dude, You are like totally hired. Wait, You're not Union are you?", "Union? What's that?", "nothing dude, just a bunch of guys with standards. Come on lets get this party lit..."

Or something approximating that conversation.....

Oh, So that's why you call your tour warped. I knew you had to be connected to it somehow.

Based on the tiny bit I saw on the tv show (it sucked and the "plot" was very slow paced) I think there's a lot of turnover. And you'll be doing a lot of non-stage work. Setting up vendor tents, hauling water, tons of B.S. work. But it might be a good experience if you're 18 and have no obligations.

You almost couldn't pay me enough to do that tour.

It's like a never ending parking lot festival with bad catering and infrequent showers.

You almost couldn't pay me enough to do that tour.

It's like a never ending parking lot festival with bad catering and infrequent showers.

Pretty much my first thought after I watched the trailer for the TV show.

But hey, if its OP's dream, let him live it.

Anybody know what the pay rate is?? Just curious. I can't imagine it's super high if most of their employees are ex-cons.

Oh yeah, I forgot. You have to be an ex-con to get hired. Preferably and have warrants out for you in Canada. Or was that what they forgot to put on the pre-screen questions for the app? One or the other.

Dude, It Ain't about the Benjamins it's all about the scene, man. Like, gettin' t'hang with the best of the best, checkin' out the fine babes nad listenin' t'some killer tunes.

Well if they have a staff of 1,000, and sell about 10,000 tickets a day.... I'd say you could make an upwards of $10 per day.

And keep in mind that the bands that play bring their own crew, so you won't be doing anything involving that. Instead, you will be really good at setting up stageline stages and whatever else they need raw muscle for.

And keep in mind that the bands that play bring their own crew, so you won't be doing anything involving that. Instead, you will be really good at setting up stageline stages and whatever else they need raw muscle for.

sounds about right.

A lot of friends of mine in the local do the over hire work for it every summer. The people who work for the bands make alright money and the other guys make absolute crap. Lets put it this way my friends who did the over hire union work made more in two days then most of them in a week. I would say if your young and inexperienced and it was to be offered to you do it, otherwise me personally I would pass.

Dude, It Ain't about the Benjamins it's all about the scene, man. Like, gettin' t'hang with the best of the best, checkin' out the fine babes nad listenin' t'some killer tunes.

The ONE time I went to Warped, in Vegas, to "work" the booth for my buddy's skatepark- I discovered Morgan Heritage and went on the inflatable waterslide all afternoon with a cute punk rock girl in a really short plaid skirt. No, her piercings did not damage the inflatable waterslide.

Then I never saw her again, and went back to my house gig the next day.

I know from an event I just did one of the stages is a solar powered SL250 provided by Kleege. The sound company was Alternative Power Productions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back