Automated Fixtures VariLite VL2500 Question

jmkenton

I am looking at buying 2 VL2500s as our schools first moving light purchase. We have rented MLs before and are ready to take the plunge. Looking at the specs and everything I can find online I don't understand the practical difference between the VL2500 spot and wash units. Thanks.

The VL2500 spots are gonna be phased out. Look at the VL440/VL770/VL880, that's the new lower-wattage line. We just had the V*L folks come through and demo them and they're really great fixtures. I wouldn't get 880s because of the super-expensive lamps but 770s are definitely something to look at!

I wonder how long it will take for the 880 lamp to drop down in price a bit...
$450 a lamp is a bit tough to bear.
But then again, it is almost as bright as a VL3000...

I wonder how long it will take for the 880 lamp to drop down in price a bit...
$450 a lamp is a bit tough to bear.
But then again, it is almost as bright as a VL3000...

Have you seen a demo of it? I just saw the demo and while I was impressed I don't think it's in the advertised realm of a 1200W output. Still a bit shy there. Then again it could have just been the lamp that was in there or the lamp optimization. I do quite like the fixtures though, and the 880 is definitely a bit brighter than the 770 in really saturated colors. White intensity is similar from what I saw but the intensity as the color mixing or color wheel comes in has a bit more noticeable difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back