Vectorworks Fixture Icon Problem

taylors

I am trying to create my light plot in Vectorworks and when I place an instrument and input its information the fixture symbol and things like the channel and dimmer symbol are off to the side. Is this a simple fix, or do I have to start over? Thanks! I have attached a screenshot of what it gives me.
Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 12.06.42 PM.png

Are you using Label Legends ?.

The Label Legend Manager (Spotlight - Label Legend Manager) is where you choose what associated information gets assigned and placed near a lighting symbol. The Edit section is where you choose what data (as well as any containers (circle, box, hexagon) is used, then the Manager lets you choose placement near the symbol.

Note that the symbol(s) need to have been "converted" to lighting symbols in order to use label legends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am trying to create my light plot in Vectorworks and when I place an instrument and input its information the fixture symbol and things like the channel and dimmer symbol are off to the side. Is this a simple fix, or do I have to start over? Thanks! I have attached a screenshot of what it gives me.View attachment 10376

As Steve said, it appears that you created your first label legend, but didn't finish the job by using the Label Legend Manager to "Edit Layout".
You'll need to drag the fields to the appropriate locations for your preferences and needs. Also, you can edit and duplicate Label Legends by navigating to them in your Resource Browswer, right clicking on the one you wish to duplicate or edit, and click on Duplicate or Edit.

Now in some versions of VWX occasionally do some interesting things with when associating the information. I'm using 2012 and the strange things I run into are:
1. When using a Label Legend to display the distance from center or vertically, if units are not set to a limited precision in Fractional display, I end up with the distance expressed in some strange longhand scientific notation.
2. Sometimes VWX incorrectly places fields. The solution is in the Object Info Palette to "Show Data" about the instrument and in the "Do Not Edit" field delete what is there and hit Enter. Refreshing the instruments allows the fields to be placed properly.
3. I can never get a dang field I place along the instrument to orient the text correctly unless I offset it by a degree or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back