VectorWorks Lighting Position issue

I have been using VectorWorks Spotlight for years now to create light plots and in the past month, after I have created a Lighting Position in VectorWorks Spotlight, I cannot seem to be able to move just the name of the lighting position to where I would like it without having the entire position move. When I mouse over the name of the position there seems to be no diagonal "Handle" to grab to just move the position's name. One of my students was also having this issue. Strangely enough, I have also opened up older light plots where I originally moved the position names around, but now I also cannot seem to move their position names without moving the entire position. Do I need to reinstall VW? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I am running Windows 7
VectorWorks Spotlight 2012 (SP2) Educational version (Build 151150)

I think you need to Organize/Ungroup the position, move the label then group the position and label together again.
that's the way it works with my old VW10.5

Last edited:
I just tried it in a Pro version of 2012 and it works here.

When I click on the position, a blue handle (small square box) pops up next to the start of the position text.

Click and hold on that. I can drag the position text to a new location. It does slightly move the position as well, but that's an easy fix.

WinXP, VW 2012

Check the resizing mode of the (2D) selection tool. It it's set to not resize, it won't let you move the position name's insertion point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back